MASS SHOOTING AT FORT LAUERADALE AIRPORT

MASS SHOOTING AT FORT LAUERADALE AIRPORT
Passengers are evacuated from Fort Laueradale airport Image copyright ABC 10

Passengers are evacuated from Fort Laueradale airport
Image copyright ABC 10

 

 

There has been a mass shooting incident at Fort Laueradale Hollywood airport in Florida.
Officials there have stated that at least 5 people are dead, but WTVT-TV, a affiliate of FOX Broadcasting in Fort Laueradale is reporting 8 people dead.

According to CNN, the suspect flew into the airport from Alaska, with a checked firearm in his baggage. MSNBC reports that when challenged by a TSA officer, the suspect opened fire indiscriminately. There is currently no word whether terrorism

Update: 10:00pm  MSNBC reports a controlled explosion will be carried out on a suspicious package

Updated 10:05pm. FBI sources tell CBSNEWS that the suspect told the FBI in 2013 that he claimed D’aesh, the so-called Islamic State group was forcing him to go to Syria to fight for the group

FINAL DETAILS- SATURDAY 7TH JANUARY 2016

The FBI have revealed that the suspect accused of the shooting at Fort Lauerdale was a Iraq veteran who was given a dishonourable discharged from active service last year.

 

Esteban Santiago, 26, from Anchorage, is currently being questioned by the FBI and detectives, after opening fire inside Terminal 2 at Fort Laueradale Hollywood International Airport.  Sources told ABC News that Mr Santiago had a history of mental health, which has now been confirmed by his relatives.

President Barack Obama, in a interview with ABC News, said that he was heartbroken for the victims and their families, providing a cautious response on whether terrorism was a motive.

Florida Governor, Rick Scott (R-FLA) told reporters that he had spoken to President Elect Donald Trump and Vice President Elect Mike Pence:

I have reached out to President-elect Trump, and spoken to him and to Vice President-elect (Mike) Pence multiple times to keep them informed, and they told me whatever resources that we need from the federal government, they would do everything in their power to make that happen”

Governor Scott added that he hadn’t been contacted, nor did he contact President Obama, adding that the President hadn’t reached out to his office.

This story is breaking and will be updated with final details
Report edited via CNN, FOX 13 Tampa Bay WTVT-TV News and Reuters

Related Posts
Leave a reply
Captcha Click on image to update the captcha .
*