Fall Out Boy ‘Make American Psycho Again’
For me Fall Out Boy is always going be a band that takes me back to my high school years, however after their recent releases and seeing them myself at Download 2014 they are definitely a band to watch out for over the near future as well. ‘American Beauty/American Psycho’ was an epic release that I reviewed back in February so it seemed fitting that I undertook this opportunity to review their newest release: ‘Make American Psycho Again’.
- Patrick Stump – Vocals, Piano, Rhythm guitar
- Pete Wentz – Bass, Backing vocals
- Joe Trohman – Lead guitar, Keyboards, Backing vocals
- Andy Hurley – Drums, Backing vocals
- Irresistible [ft. Migos]
- American Beauty/American Psycho [ft. A$AP Ferg]
- Centuries [ft. Juicy J]
- The Kids Aren’t Alright [ft. Azealia Banks]
- Uma Thurman [ft. Wiz Khalifa]
- Jet Pack Blues [ft. Big K.R.I.T.]
- Novocaine [ft. UZI]
- Fourth of July [ft. OG Maco]
- Favorite Record [ft. iLoveMakonnen]
- Immortals [ft. Black Thought]
- Twin Skeleton’s (Hotel in NYC) [ft. Joey Bada$$]
While this is a remix album I must say I skipped some to my favourite tracks off the ‘American Beauty/American Psycho’ album just to see how they differed initially. I then went back and I must say this album is an amazing mix of classic Fall Out Boy elements and also the elements of those artists featured.
The addition of Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa was enough to get me excited about this album before I even listened to it. The remixes allow enough of the essence of Fall Out Boy to remain with the added touches that make these other artists so unique. ‘Centuries’ now has so much more about it that although it was an amazing single before has so much more depth and shade to it. Juicy J has been very respectful to the key hooks and lyrics within the track. Only adding enough that makes this track now in my opinion amazing. He’s brought forward so many elements that were in the background to the foreground and gave the track a totally different feel.
For me a remix that took me by surprise was ‘Immortals’. I was really unsure what to expect with this however Black Thought made an excellent addition. I cannot complain about this whole album it adds so much to all the tracks.
Highlights: Centuries, Immortals
Author: Tori Morris